There are many different health benefits you can expect to reap the rewards by using an exercise bike. But first it’s important to understand that exercise/indoor fitness bikes come in all shapes and sizes. Including spin bikes, air bikes, upright bikes & recumbent bikes. If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of each bike, get in touch with one of our friendly team members at The Fitness Shop today.
So, what are the health benefits to using an exercise bike as your main source of cardio?
- They are great for toning – Stationary bikes can work wonders in terms of toning your lower body. This form of exercise will act on your calves, quads, hamstrings, and glutes.
- It is a low impact form of cardio – Using an exercise bike offers low-impact cardio when compared with the likes of running and Zumba. It is a lot easier on your heart and joints.
- They increase endurance – Stamina or endurance takes practice and time. However, adding a stationary bike to your workout regime is a great way to boost it.
- Improve balance – You can also improve gait, coordination, and balance with a stationary bike.
- Lower stress – Any form of exercise is beneficial in terms of stress reduction because you will release ‘feel good’ hormones.
- Boost brain function – There are a number of different studies that have proven that stationary biking helps to improve attention, memory, and cognitive function.
- Improve joint mobility – Cycling can also assist with improving the range of motion in your joints. This is beneficial for your hip joints, ankles, and knees.
- Lower diabetes risk – Diabetes is linked to obesity. You can burn calories on a stationary bike to lose weight and reduce your diabetes risk.
- Enhance strength – Adjust the wheel’s resistance so you pedal harder and improve strength.
- Improve heart health – Stationary biking enables your heart muscles to work harder, improving heart health.
- Weight loss – Of course, another benefit associated with this form of exercise is that it is great for weight loss, enabling you to burn anything from 40 to 80 calories in just ten minutes!
Contact The Fitness Shop today or browse our website
If you are looking for the best fitness bike for you, all you need to do is browse our website to see the different options that we have available. As mentioned, we cover the four main types of exercise bike that you may require, and so you should have no trouble finding the indoor fitness bike that fits in with your needs and requirements. However, if you need a helping hand or you have any queries about any of the products we have for sale, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us for further details.
Need help choosing between a recumbent bike or an upright bike? Read this!