While treadmills gives you a great aerobic exercise, you can get more from your workout by adding lightweight dumbbells. This will help build lean muscles mass and burn calories faster.
Remember, adding weights to your treadmill regime are not without its risks. It’s important to use weights that you can lift and walk with at a comfortable pace.
This is a simple workout for beginners who want to incorporate weights in their workout.
What You Will Need
- Dumbbells (250g to 1.5 kg)
- To get started, grab some dumbbells.
- Set the incline to 15%, and the speed between 3km to 5km.
- Take the dumbbells in each hand and simply walk.
- Do this for 10 minutes.
- When you’re ready, incorporate intervals and do biceps curls for 10 repetitions and then military shoulder presses for 10 repetitions.
- Let the weights rest at your sides as you walk for a minute, and then repeat the exercises. Perform this five times.
- Gently grip the dumbbells; a tight grip can result in injuries and increase in your blood pressure.